Policy Update March 12, 2020
Updated July 14th, 2020
Due to the onset of Covid-19 we are following CDC guidelines and following additional precautions to slow the spread. Employees will adhere to the following guidelines:
• Wash hands often throughout the day with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in any public place. If soap and water are not available, hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be used.
• Avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places such as elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, and handshaking with people, etc.
• Avoid touching face, nose, eyes, etc.
• Notify supervisor and do not report to work if experiencing any flu-like symptoms including elevated body temperature, runny nose, chest congestion, body aches, loss of taste or smell, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
• After each client is unloaded, wipe or spray down the seat where the client was seated, the seatbelt, and the touch surfaces such as handrails and handles, with disinfectant spray or wipes.
• Spray or wipe down all seats and handrails with disinfecting wipes or spray throughout the day and at the conclusion of each shift
• Wear a face covering while transporting clients
• Require face coverings of clients during transport
• If gloves are needed they will be discarded between clients to avoid cross contamination
• Utilize staggered seating when multiple clients are transported at the same time
More information about the virus can be learned by visiting the CDC website at: